Microadventuring Is the New Staycation, and You Can Do It Here
You may be experiencing severe FOMO if all of your friends are on the vacations of your dreams. But don’t worry, there’s a new thing called “Microadventures” and it could be just the thing you’re looking for.
A Microadventure, by definition, is “an adventure that is short, simple, local, cheap – yet still fun, exciting, challenging, refreshing and rewarding.” It's basically the hip way to say you are stay-cationing this summer.
The guy who invented this idea wants us all to commit to the places we are already living in and really start enjoying them for what they are. So rather than wallow in your FOMO, start to understand that adventure is an attitude and you can adventure anywhere, even in Southeastern Massachusetts.
But of course, like anything, it's easier if someone could just give you a few ideas to get started. With the help of the Southeastern Massachusetts Visitors’ Bureau, we’re going to help you look at "staycations" a bit differently this summer.
We’re going to find some of the best things to do, see, and eat across the region, including Tri-Town (Foxboro, Mansfield, Norton, Easton), Greater Taunton (Taunton, Berkeley, Dighton, Norton, Raynham), Greater Attleboro (Attleboro, North Attleboro, Seekonk, Rehoboth), Greater New Bedford (Acushnet, Fairhaven, New Bedford, Dartmouth, Westport) and Greater Fall River (Swansea, Somerset, Fall River, Freetown).
Need a trip that feels like Napa without the cost? Check. Need Jamaican vibes without the plane ticket? Check. Need to get lost for a while but don't want the search party involved? Check.
Follow along with us and if you have some ideas of your own, let us know. The more fun we can find here, the less unhappy we'll all be trying to fight through the Cape traffic.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Go Off the Grid with These 4 Southeastern Mass Campsites
- Stop and Smell the Roses at These Local Public Gardens
- The Buck-a-Shuck Tour Your Tastebuds Have Been Craving
- The Nation's Largest Black Doll Collection is Right In Our Backyard
- Catch a Memory You'll Never Release With a Family Fishing Trip
- Your Complete Guide to Outdoor Dining on the SouthCoast
- Fuel Your Need for Speed at this Epic Indoor Kart Track
- Hit the Waterways with One of These Great Kayak Tours
- Four Ways to Experience New Bedford as a National Historic Park
- Floating Entertainment Coming to New Bedford's East Beach this Summer
- Visit the Children's Museum in Easton
- Our Favorite Southcoast Shores to Beachcomb and Treasure Hunt
- You Can Find Hidden Treasures While Antiquing in SE Mass
- This Skeleton Hanging in New Bedford is a Whale-Oiled Machine
- Get Up Close and Personal with Animals Across SE Mass
- Five Instagramable Spots Inside Borderland State Park
- Grab Your Bike and Hit These Southeastern MA Paths
- Fairhaven Tours Offer a Tour Through America's Gilded Age
- Visit the Battleship Cove
- Visit the Patriots Hall of Fame