Aw Shucks! The Buck-a-Shuck Tour Your Taste Buds Have Been Craving
If you are craving some inexpensive oysters and littlenecks and don't know where to find them, we've got the list you're looking for.
If you think a raw bar is a feature exclusive to waterfront dining establishments, think again. Across Southeastern Massachusetts, restaurants have dedicated entire chunks of time to shucking you the freshest oysters and littlenecks available.
Luckily for all of us, in 2018, Edible SouthShore & SouthCoast put together a map of places that you can find buck-a-shuck nights. We started with that list and added some of our own to make sure you have plenty of options when you're feeling like saying SHUCK IT to eating anything else.
- Fresh Catch, Mansfield: Daily, 11-5pm
- Leandro's Italian Restaurant & Tavern, Easton: Monday and Sundays, 4p-11p.
- 2 Jerks Kitchen & Bar, Raynham: Tuesdays 3p+
- Not Your Average Joe's, Seekonk: Monday from 4p- 10p
- Barrett's Water Front, Fall River: All day Tuesdays
- Mesa 21, Fall River: All day Sunday
- Not Your Average Joe's, Dartmouth: Monday from 4p- 10p
- The Black Whale, New Bedford: Mondays, 5p - 9p
- Little Moss, Dartmouth: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 5p-6p
- Merrill's on the Waterfront, New Bedford: Wednesdays, 4p+
- Ice House/Harpoon Room, Fairhaven: Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 4p-7p
There's no wrong way to eat an oyster but if you are not careful, there are definitely embarrassing ways to eat oysters—so make sure you don't try it for the first time on a date or anything.