List of SouthCoast Creameries Opening in March 2020
Not to jinx it, but we've had a relatively mild winter season here. It's had me craving some of my warm-weather treats. I basically drove my intern crazy talking about a sundae from one of my favorite ice cream spots. She was mad at me because now all she wants is a smores sundae and they don't open for another month. Well, let the official countdown begin.
Winter is technically over on Friday, March 20 as that is the calendar's first day of spring. However, here on the SouthCoast, we basically consider the opening day of our favorite local ice cream parlors as a sure sign that spring has officially arrived. *Cue happiness*
See when your favorite shop is opening for the 2020 season, weather permitting:
1. Somerset Creamery; both locations: Wednesday, March 11
2. Dairy Maid; New Bedford: Friday, March 13
3. Tom and Jimmy's; Taunton: Friday, March 13
4. The Ice Cream Barn; Swansea: Friday, March 20
5. Country Whip; Acushnet: Thursday, March 26
6. Capt. Bonney's Creamery; Rochester: Saturday, March 28
7. Sundaes; Seekonk: Tentative at the end of March
If you know of another creamery on the SouthCoast that is opening in March, please let us know. We will add them to our list as soon as possible. Most other creameries in this area won't open until May/Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned for those updates.
*Bonus: Here are the local parlors that plan on opening in April:
- Purple Cow; Seekonk: Tentative sometime in April
- Perry’s Last Stand; Wareham: TBD in April
A reminder that Acushnet Creamery and Kool Kone are open year-round.
With additional reporting by Melanie Galdamez.