Help! My House Is Turning Into a Jungle Thanks to My Fiancé
"I'll be home soon, I'm just going to stop at the nursery and pick up a plant for the house," is becoming a rather repetitive text message from my fiancé.
I'm not sure when or how it started, but my house went from a single succulent to about four spider plants, a three-foot-tall cactus, and a bunch of miscellaneous vegetation scattered throughout the house. Each one is perfectly paired next to a window or on a windowsill for the sunlight to the point where you can't even see outside anymore.
It's not a bad thing to have plants in your house it's really good for the lungs, but where's the fine line here?
Truth be told, I've already made a list of the pros and cons of my fiance's plant infatuation:
- It's an easy and inexpensive surprise when she's having a tough day.
- Plants help her de-stress after a long day.
- It promotes responsibility and accountability.
- Indoor plants increase the quality of air within the house.
- There are too many.
- We're running out of room.
- Financially, this will start to add up.
- I'm going to be stuck taking care of them if she ever leaves me for vacation or an overnight trip.
Lastly, for anyone reading this thinking I'm serious, I don't mind at all. This is therapeutic for her and I'm just here for the moral support. In the end, I always remind myself of the golden rule- "Happy wife, happy life".