Poisonous Plants To Avoid This Summer
Poisonous plants may be closer than you think.
As the weather warms up and school gets out, kids will be enjoying the great outdoors. But parents may want to be aware of what their little ones are getting into in the yard.
According to the Regional Center for Poison Control and Prevention in Massachusetts and Rhode Island there may be more dangerous plants out there than you think.
Believe it or not, over 700 plants in the US and Canada are considered poisonous. And some could be growing right in your own backyard.
Greenery like daffodil bulbs, jack in the pulpits and even lily of the valley are considered poisonous.
Side effects from ingesting these plants range from rashes and stomach aches to much more serious symptoms.
So what can you do?
First of all, make sure you can identify what's growing in your yard. Take some photos and google what you've got. Knowing what's there is the best way to keep your kids from the dangerous stuff.
Secondly, think about removing the dangerous greenery, teach your kids not to out berries or plants in their mouth and make sure you keep an eye on your kids in an area where you don't know what is growing.