Connecticut Woman Has Surgery Due To Grill Brush In Burger
You'll never believe what a woman from Connecticut ate in her burger. It was a bristle from her grill brush. Ouch!
Two days after eating the hamburger, Cheryl Harrison went to MidState Medical Center in Meriden, Connecticut, and had to have an emergency surgery earlier this month to remove the bristle. According to WCVB 5, the small piece of metal measured less than an inch long.
She said, “If it was in my mouth and I bit it and I knew it I wouldn’t have swallowed it. It must have been positioned in that burger just perfect, and I ingested it and swallowed it.”
Doctors say eating the small piece of the grill brush could have easily killed the woman. One doctor said that one of his patients almost died about a year ago from eating a bristle from a grill brush and became sick for two weeks. That patient had an infection which led to a blood clot in his lungs.
The Connecticut woman is doing much better this week.
With additional reporting by Sal Lopez