What’s Left on Your SouthCoast Summer Bucket List?
I realized that since today is the first day of August, it's time to buckle down and finish crossing off the summer bucket list items.
It's crazy to think that it's already AUGUST. Time goes by so quickly and with so many summer activities you want to do before the leaves start to turn, now is a good time to take stock and make a plan of action on how to do it all before the kids go back to school.
Since I am such a huge fan of lists, I have a running "Adventure List" on my phone and check things off as I do them. Not all are summer related and I add more all the time. But here are a few I know I want to get done here on the SouthCoast before September 1st rolls around and I go into full Fall-mode:
- Take the Cuttyhunk Ferry over to the island and spend the day. Bonus adventure: rent a golf cart to get around the WHOLE island.
- Go to all three Acushnet Creamery locations. I've been to Dockside a few times this season but have yet to go to the original location (this year) or to the new location on Pier 3. Bonus adventure: try their new edible cookie dough!
- Make a road trip up to Water Country / Canobie Lake. Bonus adventure: Do Water Country during the day and Canobie at night (especially since tickets to get into Canobie are super cheap for just the evening.)
- Go to a beach I've never been to, like Nauset Beach. I'm such a creature of habit that I rarely go to the beach outside of Westport. Bonus adventure: SHARK SIGHTING!
- Speaking of shark sighting...I've been dying to do a shark dive out of Fairhaven all year. I don't think this one even needs a bonus adventure because it's that cool by itself.
Let us know in the comments on Facebook what's left on your summer bucket list - we might want to steal some ideas!