Volunteer with St. Anne’s Food Pantry
St. Anne's is a full-service food pantry that operates out of the St. Anne's Church. Saint Anne's food pantry distributes food and clothing to people in need in the surrounding Fall River area every Saturday. Participants are allowed to visit the pantry two times a month with proper ID.
“We get a lot of calls around the holiday season from people looking to volunteer at local soup kitchens and food pantries. But the reality is, they need volunteers year-round to help with distribution.” - Victoria Grasela, Vice President of Marketing & Community Engagement at United Way of Greater New Bedford
1) Food pickup from five locations on Wednesday mornings
2) A valid drivers license is required.
3) Prefer having two individuals to make the pickups and drop off the food in the pantry location.
4) Individuals must be able to lift up to 40-pound boxes.
5) Dependability is a must and individuals need to be prompt and available each Wednesday.
6) Select individuals will be responsible for pickup of items (no supervision)
7) Individuals are responsible to put gas in the vehicle (cash advance is given to the driver) and produce gas receipts.
8) Recording of day's pickup is required in the logbook.
For information about his volunteer opportunity, please click HERE. You can also sign up for a four-hour shift on a Saturday starting at 8 am.
Across Southeastern Massachusetts, non-profit organizations rely on volunteers to build a stronger community and transform neighborhoods. Wareham Nurse Midwives is proud to support the volunteers who lend their time and talent to help make the SouthCoast a better place.