Strange Laws in Massachusetts
According to DumbLaws.com, these laws still exist in Massachusetts. Have you broken any lately?
1. It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.
2. At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
3. Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.
4. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
5. Quakers and witches are banned.
6. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
7. All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.
8. Alcoholic drink specials are illegal.
9. Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.
10. Public boxing matches are outlawed.
11. It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
12. No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
13. Tattooing and body piercing is illegal. (Repealed in 2000)
14. Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.