Discounted Services for Local Furloughed Government Workers
The government shutdown is in its 28th day. This is a record-length shutdown and many government workers on the SouthCoast have been affected by it. Local businesses recognize the situation that these individuals and families have been put in, and want to help as much as they can. Here is a list of local restaurants and that have specials offers to those that need assistance at this difficult time. Please note that we will update this post as more information becomes available.
- Brick Pizzeria Napoletana - A FREE Margherita pizza for those who provide proof of identification of government employment.
- Not Your Average Joe's - 15% off your entire group’s check until the day after the government reopens. Please share your government ID with your server. This is valid on dine-in or takeout, all day long, at any location. Excludes purchase of gift cards & alcohol.
- YMCA Southcoast - Current members do not have to pay dues until the government reopens and federal employees can get free guest passes if they are not currently a member.
- Salt Cycle - Send an email to book your ride before the end of the shutdown and have your government ID ready at check-in. No prior indoor cycling experience needed! - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Bedford Whaling Museum - Free admission to federal workers and one additional guest each for the remainder of the partial federal government shutdown. Federal employees must bring a government identification card and present it at the admission desk, or present their most recent pay stub along with photo ID.
- The Zeiterion - Two complimentary tickets per show to all eligible shows remaining in the 2018-2019 season. Click HERE for a list of eligible shows.
- DATTCO - Offering free daily transportation to work for any unpaid federal government employee traveling to and from Boston.
Click HERE for resources for workers impacted by the government shutdown.