Lakeville Farm Hosting First Annual Harvest Festival in October
Elliot Farm in Lakeville invites you to join the first annual Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 9 from 1 to 5 pm to celebrate the grand opening of the brand-new farm stand. 100 percent of event proceeds will be donated to charity to provide local families in need with essential groceries and farm-fresh produce in 2022.
Dee Elliot is the owner and a second-generation farmer at Elliot Farm. Her father, Ken Elliot, is the founder who retired in 2014. Dee and her brother have since taken over management of the farm which is now in its 28th season.
“As a small family farm, we could not be more grateful to the state for investing in the farm’s future by supporting the construction of our new farm stand, which allows us to serve more community members and expand our work to end hunger in the region,” Elliot said. “The Harvest Festival is in celebration of our brand-new farm stand, and we are proud to donate all event proceeds to our sister nonprofit to feed local families in need in 2022. We hope the community will join us for what’s sure to be a fun-filled family-friendly day on the farm!”
According to Elliot, the festival will feature the following activities:
- Burgers and dogs by The Lakeville Lions Club
- Local brews by Harper Lane Brewery
- Hot apple cider donuts by Elliot Farm
- Ice cream by Crescent Ridge Dairy
- Live music by Hayley Sabella
- Face painting and balloons by Art on the Spot
- Live wood sculpture by The Chainsaw Carving Man
- Petting zoo and artisan products by Child's Play Alpaca
- Professional photography (Mini-sessions and Instant Polaroids) by Emma Medford @PhotosByEJM
- Bouncy house
- Pick-Your-Own pumpkin patch
- 50/50 Raffle and more
The farm stand will remain open to the public for shopping throughout the festival. Elliot Farm’s parking lot will be closed for festival activities. Limited on-street parking will be available. Additional parking is available at the Lakeville Lion’s Club located at 170 Main Street and the Lakeville Church of Nazarene located at 180 Main Street. The sidewalk is accessible for guests to safely enjoy the short walk to the farm. A free shuttle service will also be provided.