Gearing Up for ‘Game of Thrones’ This Weekend Like…
I'm not sure there is anything more exciting happening this weekend than the return of Game of Thrones on Sunday night. Here are my predictions. What are yours?
This morning Michael, Gazelle (even though he doesn't watch GoT) and myself talked about the importance of making sure we don't ruin any of the six remaining episodes for each other, our listeners or anyone in the Fun 107 and WBSM workplace this coming Monday.
Michael deemed Mondays for the next six weeks, a Game of Thrones No Talk Zone. And, well, he's the boss.
Some of my predictions for this final season of Game of Thrones?
1) I don't see Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen finding out who they really are to each other (aunt and nephew) until the very last or second-to-last episode. I don't think the writers would ruin this awesome pairing so quickly for the viewers and fans.
2) I believe that Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth hook up or at least kiss. There's something going on with these two, I can feel it. And thankfully, we know for sure they are not related.
3) Michael is convinced one of the BIG main characters gets killed during Episode 1. I don't see that happening. I think the first to become a white walker is going to be either Yara or Theon (brother and sister) Greyjoy. She seems to be stronger willed than he, so he'll probably get it first.
4) As much as I hate to see it happen, I think Tyrion Lannister is a goner. I think his death will come towards the end of the season, and it will be because he is the Hand of the Queen (Daenerys) and in some way trying to save her life so that she can take the throne.
5) I know I am going out on a limb here but I really think that like their mother, both Arya and Sansa Stark will die. I am not exactly sure when it will happen during this last season but because they are the north, the White Walkers will get to them first. As much as I would love to see Sansa live after all of the hell she has been through, I think she will be first to die of the two sisters and then after a really great sword fight scene, it will be Arya.
6) Jamie and Cersi Lannister: I predict that Jamie dies trying to save Cersi, who will also die in the end. Their love affair (although gross) is unconditional love. They are brother and sister, after all, and aren't we suppose to love our siblings no matter what? Although Cersi is tough as nails, I don't think she makes it to the Iron Throne. I mean, who could ever really do the Walk of Shame? She's lost all of her children to death by murder or suicide, she's been through a lot but she didn't eat a horse heart.
7) In my heart of hearts, I feel Daenerys of House Targaryen lives and wins the Iron Throne and Jon Snow dies making this happen for her. I hate that he dies, but I feel he does. The only thing that makes this ok for me is that Dany becomes our true queen, Khaleesi, the Mother of Dragons.
8) And speaking of Drogon and Rhaegal: I know that many think they will die, but I disagree. I think they live, dare I say, happily ever after.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 1 airs this Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on HBO.
If you have your own predictions, let us know in the comments on this Facebook post.