Complete Guide to 2018 Southcoast Farmer’s Markets
One of the best things about spring and summer here on the Southcoast is being able to support our local farmers and small businesses at farmer's markets! Nothing beats fresh fruit, veggies, and flowers! If you're wondering where you can go this season, we have the full list thanks to the Southcoast Farmer's Market Coalition.
There are so many options that you could hit up a different one every weekend and get a taste of the ENTIRE Southcoast. There's no excuse not to shop local this summer!
Here are a few tips to make the most of your farmer's market experience:
- Bring small bills and reusable shopping bags.
- Most of the time, with the exception of service dogs, pups aren't welcome. (I learned this the hard way when my furkid and I got the boot from a farmer's market in Westport last year.)
- Remember - haggling is not part of the deal! Local farmers and businesses work hard to bring you their best produce each weel.
- If organic food is important, be sure to ask if farmers grow all-organic. Some do, and some might not.
- Talk to farmers and staff - they are probably super knowledgeable about what's in season, what to buy together, and answer any questions you may have.