At Last, the Right Way to Fold a Fitted Sheet [VIDEO]
It’s the same old story every time I fold my laundry. Folding the t-shirts, towels, and pants into concise little piles is no big deal.
Then it comes time to fold the fitted sheet.
I do my best to fold this monster, but I always end up rolling one forearm over the other as I ball up the sheet and shove it on to the top shelf of the linen closet. It’s such a wrinkled mess and there has to be a better way.
Thank goodness for YouTube. I came across a lovely woman named Jill Cooper. With over 150,000 subscribers and over 20 million views on her “How to Fold a Fitted Sheet” video, I had a feeling this woman knows her stuff.
Thanks to Jill, here is how to properly fold a fitted sheet:
- Hold the sheet lengthwise by both corners with the right side towards your body
- Place corner No. 1 over corner No. 2
- Slide down the edge, pick up corner No. 3 and tuck it into No. 2
- Slide down the other edge, pick up corner No. 4, and tuck it into the other three corners
- Straighten the two edges on the bottom and lay out the sheet on a flat surface. The sheet should resemble a rectangle
- Fold the sheet into thirds the long way, then in thirds the opposite way. Finished!
As Jill says, “It might feel awkward at first. Don’t worry, with a little bit of practice, you’ll do just fine.”
My linen closet just got a whole lot tidier!