Westport Route 88 Ramp to Undergo Overnight Repairs
For the next few weeks, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation will be performing overnight bridge repairs on the Route 88 ramp in Westport.
According to a MassDOT release, the repairs will take place on the ramp from Interstate 195 westbound at Exit 16 to Route 88 southbound in Westport. The work will begin this Monday, July 25.
Operations are expected to take place weeknights, Monday through Friday, from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. It is expected to be completed by mid-August, MassDOT said. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
There will be a detour during the repairs as follows:
– Traffic will be directed from I-195 westbound at exit 16 to exit 14A (Route 24 southbound)
– Take the ramp to Route 24 southbound
– Follow Route 24 southbound and take exit 2 to Brighton Avenue
– From Brighton Avenue enter Route 24 northbound
– Take exit 3 on Route 24 northbound to I-195 eastbound
– Continue until exit 16 to Route 88 southbound.
Drivers should use caution while traveling through the area and expect delays.