So, it's a warm sunny day and you left a plastic water bottle in your car. No big deal, right? You probably didn't even think anything of it, but it's actually really dangerous to do so.

Last year, a battery technician was eating lunch in his car when he spotted smoke out of the corner of his eye INSIDE the truck. Sunlight hit the bottle of water in the center console just right and acted like a magnifying glass, catching the seat on fire. The two burn marks left behind are proof that a water bottle and sunlight are not always the best combination.


Also, it's not a good idea to drink from a plastic water bottle that's been left in a hot car all day. Not only is it not refreshing at all, but according to The University of Florida, warm water that's been left in a plastic bottle has an increased level of BPA, which is harmful to our overall health.

More From WFHN-FM/FUN 107