Sargento Cheese Recalled
Sargento Foods Inc is recalling several types of cheese due to a possible listeria contamination.
It seems like there is a new food recall every month and now it is Sargento recalling several of their specialty cheese due to possible listeria contamination.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reports that Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC informed Sargento that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese they supplied must be recalled due to the potential contamination.
No illnesses have been reported but the affect types of cheese are as follows:
Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B” and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17.”
Other cheeses are also being recalled because they are packaged on the same line as the affected cheeses. Those recalls are on
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
No other Sargento brand products are affected by this recall.
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that can cause stomach illness that can be serious is young children, the elderly of those with compromised immune systems. It is also known to cause stillbirths and miscarriages among pregnant women.
You can learn more about which cheeses are being recalled by visiting info.sargento.com and using the “Product Check” tool. Consumers can also call Sargento Consumer Affairs at 1-800-243-3737 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Central Time), or submit questions to the “Contact Us” page at sargento.com.