Peters Family Orchard and Cider Mill Closes After 40 Years
If you're familiar with the Acushnet area, you might be sad to hear that the Peters Family Orchard and Cider Mill is officially closed indefinitely.
The Peter's have decided to sell 75 percent of the land (90,000 square feet) which will be up for sale at $135,000 firm per lot and continue to live on the other 25 percent (30,000 square feet). The family plans on building three modern farmhouses on the land they are selling which are being listed at $430,000 each.
According to Dwell SOCO, the developers for this project, the Modern Farmhouses will have a historic look with a galvonized roof, bead-board siding and a “charming” front porch.
The stand was famous for their farm fresh cider, apple-picking and homemade foods. This will bring much change to the town of Acushnet, which is known for it's numerous farms and orchards. Slowly, one by one, the town's aggricultural stand point is fading away. People are simply not interested in the farming business as much anymore to continue cropping and growing.
The closing of the Peters Family Orchard and Cider Mill will be missed dearly by their faithful customers and local residents who grew p just around the corner to the orchard. With time comes change, with change comes opportunity- good or bad. The Peter's doors were closed and the farm stands were empty, but the spirit of apple picking will never be forgotten.
The Fun Morning Show got a chance to speak with a member of the family, Chad Michael Peters, who spoke on behalf of his family and the closing of the Family Farm Business. Hear the interview below: