Top 20 Epic Thanksgiving Day Dinner Fails
With the big holiday season upon us, it's time to talk turkey, specifically Turkey Day Fails like running out of wine, oh my.
While many people look forward to opening their homes to friends and family for Thanksgiving, a new survey says the average American will suffer a half-dozen fails in doing so.
From running out of wine (yikes) to forgetting to invite anybody, the poll of 2,000 Americans commissioned by Omaha Steaks discovered 76 percent agreed Thanksgiving would be great if you could eliminate the food from the equation.
Apart from all the fails that were listed in the survey, some participants offered their "worst" Thanksgiving fails. These including one family whose turkey was stolen, another host who forgot to invite anyone, and one would-be chef whose Thanksgiving meal was rejected after guests tried just one bite. Yikes.
Here are Omaha Steaks' 20 most common Thanksgiving Fails:
1. Not all of the cooking is done on time -- 31%
2. Spilled a dish on the floor -- 28%
3. Ran out of wine -- 28%
4. Not all the food is done cooking at the same time -- 29%
5. Forgot an essential ingredient in one dish -- 28%
6. One or more dish is cold by the time it's served -- 27%
7. Ran out of a dish before everyone got some of it -- 27%
8. Cooked something incorrectly -- 27%
9. Forgot to take a food allergy into account -- 26%
10. Turkey is burnt -- 26%
11. Turkey is dry -- 25%
12. Not enough seating -- 25%
13. Food doesn't taste right -- 25%
14. Turkey is undercooked -- 25%
15. Forgot the cranberry sauce -- 25%
16. Forgot to thaw turkey ahead of time -- 24%
17. Ran completely out of food -- 24%
18. Forgot to preheat the oven -- 24%
19. Turkey caught on fire -- 23%
20. Pet got into the food -- 20%
My biggest Thanksgiving fail happened last year, Thanksgiving 2018. My husband and I prepared the dinner and had maybe 12 guests. I had made a sweet potato casserole that I was so looking forward to serving (and trying myself). Well, dinner was finished and everybody ate. Something made me open the stoves warming drawer at the bottom and what did I find? My sweet potato casserole! I had totally forgotten about it.