Downtown New Bedford Embraces For This Weekend’s Ultimate Fall Festival Experience
Downtown New Bedford Inc. Presents The Ultimate Fall Fest Experience.
New Bedford residents alike, Downtown New Bedford Inc., the cherished local volunteer-run nonprofit, is back with its much-anticipated annual event, Fall Fest taking place on Saturday, October 21st, from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
This year, dNB Inc. has taken it up a notch, transforming the once quaint gathering into a sprawling festival, offering a bounty of activities catering to both the younger and older generations.
Here's What You Can Expect- Festival Highlights:
-Classic Car Show Trunk-or-Treating (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Admire some specially decorated cars while collecting some sweet treats.
- Halloween Costume Parade: Beginning at 3:00 PM, the parade will go around City Hall and proceed to the Whaling Museum Plaza.
- Sip and Savor: Quench your thirst at the Fall Beer and Cocktail Stations set up by No Problemo, dNB Kraft Kitchen, and the Pour Farm.
- Dance the Day Away 3rd Eye Unlimited Dance Party, featuring the beats of DJ Mikey Monteiro III.
- Food Galore: With food offerings from the Soil and Sun Plant Truck, Sorbae Frozen Treats Truck, Izzy’s Food Truck, and the Dorothy Cox Chocolate Truck, you won't go home hungry.
- Craft and Creativity: Dive into the face painting and henna bar, and get yourself some forever-lasting jewelry at the Salted Silver Permanent Jewelry Bar.
- Sweet Treats: Don't miss out on the Scuttlebutt Apple Cider Doughnut Station!
- Picture Perfect: Take some Instagram-worthy photos at the Autumn Selfie Station by Wicker & Flame.
- Fun and Games: The YMCA will host Lawn Games, while the NBPAC will entertain with dance performances.
But that's not all: Fall Fest is more than just a day of fun, it's a statement of the spirit of New Bedford, shining a spotlight on the small businesses that shape our community landscape. Downtown New Bedford Inc. urges all attendees to shop and dine at these local gems. Every purchase, every meal, and every interaction contributes to the flourishing vibrancy of our beloved city.
So let's make memories, have fun, and give back to our community.
Additional Reporting By Matthew Barth