Navigate the Golf Course Now That Golf Is Back in Swing
COVID-19 has closed down many businesses or changed the way they conduct daily business dramatically. Golf courses were closed in Massachusetts for a while, but they have been up and running for almost three weeks now. The courses might just look a little different to you these days.
Courses across the state are now operating under strict conditions. MassGolf.org reported the guidelines for golfers and courses.
- “Security personnel can be delineated by each club (ex. a pro and the head starter) and will be present to enforce social distancing. Staffing must be limited to security and course maintenance/landscaping and the minimum workers necessary to service and clean carts. No other services may be provided.
- All staff must wear face coverings while on property.
- Course facilities including but not limited to the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, bag room, and locker room must remain closed.
- No caddies allowed.
- Golf carts may be used only if each cart is used by and contains only a single rider or a group of family members living in the same house. Any carts used must be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Pushcarts may be used. Players must either carry their own bags or use a pushcart.
- All golfers must maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Groups of players are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time.
- Members-only clubs can allow guests as determined by the security personnel on the golf course.
- Private clubs that allow non-members to make reservations can do so at their discretion.
- Maintenance personnel is permitted to work on the golf course.
- Tee Time Policy must be 15 minutes between groups.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play.
- Online and remote payment options must be utilized.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs. Sharing golf clubs or rental golf clubs is not allowed.
- Flagsticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised so picking a ball out of the hole doesn’t occur.
- Bunker rakes must be removed, and ball washers must be removed or covered.
- Practice putting green, driving range, and chipping areas must be closed.
- Facilities must have readily accessible hand sanitizer.”
If you bought our 2020 VIP Golf Card, rest assured that you will still be able to use it at all six golf courses while these restrictions are in place. You will have to make it known that you are redeeming the card when you call to make a reservation. You will not be able to utilize the golf cart until further notice. This is your pass to play one round of golf (with waived greens fees) on six of the SouthCoast's favorite courses. Just don't pull a Brady and wear tight pants.
- The Whaling City Golf Course
- Allendale Country Club
- The Bay Pointe Club
- The Reservation Golf Club
- Little Harbor Country Club
- Hillside Country Club