MassDOT Announces Major SouthCoast Detour Thursday Night
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Highway Division District 5 has announced the temporary closing of the Route 24 South to I-195 East ramp in Fall River beginning at 8 p.m., on Thursday, April 27, 2017, for overnight work involving bridge deck repairs. The ramp is scheduled to reopen to traffic at 4:30 a.m., Friday, April 28.
A temporary detour will be in place for all motor vehicle traffic as follows:
Route 24 South to I-195 East detour:
- Take Route 24 South to I-195 West
- On I-195 West, take Exit 8A to Route 24 South/Tiverton R.I./ Newport R.I.
- On Route 24 South, take Exit 2 to Brayton Ave/Eastern Ave
- At the bottom of the ramp, turn right and head east on Brayton Ave
- Take the next right onto the Route 24 North on-ramp
- On Route 24 North, bear right to I-195 East/New Bedford/Boston
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and/or may be impacted should any sort of emergency situation occur. MassDOT appreciates the patience of the traveling public as this necessary work is undertaken.