How to Register as a Volunteer for Hunger Heroes
The United Way of Greater New Bedford is looking for families to volunteer at their Hunger Heroes event. The program benefits local families in need so that they may have a nice Thanksgiving meal when that otherwise may not be possible. The event will take place at Keith Middle School, located at 225 Hathaway Road in New Bedford.
If you and your family would like to package donated items at the event on November 23, please follow the instructions below.
Prior to October 23:
- Pre-register for Volunteer SouthCoast. If you have registered in the past, double-check that you remember your user name and password.
- Make a list of every person on your team. You’ll be asked for their name, age, and t-shirt size when you register them.
On or after October 23:
- Click HERE to register. Here you’ll see all the shifts available during Hunger Heroes that still have open spaces. To learn more about each activity, click the “View Details” button.
- Once you decide on the shift you want to participate in, click “respond” if you are registering only yourself or “respond as a team” if you are registering multiple people.
- If you responded as an individual, you will be asked to enter your t-shirt size, age, and if you consent to photos during the event. Once you fill this out, click “Submit.” You’ll receive a confirmation email shortly.
- If you responded as a team, you’ll be asked to enter team details on the next page, including a team name and how many people are on your team. Please remember your team name, when you arrive at Hunger Heroes, your t-shirts and name tags will be under your team name. On this page, you will also be asked a few details about yourself (ie. Age, t-shirt size, consent to photos during the event). You will be asked to enter all other team member information on the next page. Once the team is created, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you hit submit and the next page appears, click on the pencil icon to edit your team member information. It is important that you fill out each person’s name, age, t-shirt size, and consent for photos. Email addresses are not required on this page. United Way of Greater New Bedford kindly asks that you only register for one shift. If you have any questions or need help with registration, contact Victoria Grasela at (508) 994-9625 ext. 210 or send an email to email@example.com.