Guide to the Coastal Wine Trail’s Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival
The Coastal Wine Trail's 7th Annual Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival returns to Westport for Father's Day weekend - June 16th and 17th. Here's everything you need to know before you go.
The Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Festival is the perfect chance for you to sample over 56 wines paired with 30+ local cheese, chocolate and artisan bread from the Southcoast. Grab your friends, moms, girlfriends, or bring Dad for Father's Day - even if he's just there for the food!
If you need to buy tickets, Saturday is SOLD OUT but ALL of the Sunday (June 17) sessions are available for purchase. To make your tasting stress-free, here are some helpful tips before you go:
- Parking is free! (Find the Google map to the venue here)
- There will be both indoor and outdoor/tented tastings
- The event is 21+ even for designated drivers
- Unfortunately, no dogs allowed.
- There is no ATM on-site but card will be accepted for those who wish to purchase full bottles of wine from the vineyards, food trucks and other vendors.
- If you are the designated driver for your group, you can get a discounted ticket at the gate (still must meet the 21+ requirement!)
- You get a complimentary wine glass for tastings and to take home with you.
This event includes wine samples from 14 different vineyards including local favorites Carolyn's Sakonnet, Newport Vineyards, Running Brook Vineyard, Travessia and Westport River's.
If the artisan food samples aren't enough for you, grab some brick oven pizza from the Gilded Tomato or Greek'n Out.
If you think you are ready to experience new wines and find your new favorites for the summer, this "farmer's market for wine" is for you. Plus, when you find some wine you really like, you can plan a whole second trip out to that winery's Vineyard!
Purchase your Coastal Wine Trail's 7th Annual Wine, Cheese, and Chocolate Festival tickets by clicking on the image below. Happy tasting!