Dartmouth Man Dead of Apparent Overdose in New Bedford
A Dartmouth man is dead after apparently overdosing in a New Bedford apartment.
Police say 32-year-old Patrick Barrett of Kingston Street in Dartmouth was found unresponsive in the 400 block of Cedar Street Sunday. He was transported to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Evidence of heroin use was found near the victim at the scene.
The man's body has been turned over to the State Medical Examiner's Office for a toxicology test.