Become a Counselor-in-Training for the Buttonwood Park Zoo
The Buttonwood Park Zoo is now accepting applications for Counselors-in-Training, or CITs. CITs are between the ages of 13 and 17 years old and volunteer in the ZooCrew program. The CIT program provides experience in camp programs, public speaking, education, teamwork, and conservation.
CITs will get job experience while earning volunteer service hours, assist the counselors in all aspects of camp, help the Buttonwood Park Zoo achieve its mission of conservation and education, be a representative of Buttonwood Park Zoo and a role model for campers and help with all day to day operations of ZooCrew.
- Ability to work with others
- Enjoy working with children
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in animals and conservation education
CITs must be able to:
- Complete a working interview during either winter or spring school vacation
- Commit to at least 2 full weeks of camp during the summer
- Attend orientation
- Volunteers should be between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Is Not Family Friendly
- Is Outdoors
- Inclement Weather Plan: Rain or Shine
- Is Wheelchair Accessible
- Enjoys working with children
- Willingness to Learn
For more information about this volunteer opportunity, please click HERE.
Across Southeastern Massachusetts, non-profit organizations rely on volunteers to build a stronger community and transform neighborhoods.