How To Stay Safe During A Thunderstorm
Wondering what you should do when a thunderstorm hits? Well, we have got all of the answers!
- Evacuate mobile homes or other light shelters that can blow over in high winds. Get to a sturdy building with a strong foundation.
- Tune into weather reports that are being updated around you.
- Stay indoors and away from windows and doors. Do not hang around on your porch area.
- Try to stay off the roads if possible.
- Keep all windows and doors shut , as well as shutters.
- Safely unplug appliances around your home that you are not going to use.
How to protect your pets in a thunderstorm?
- The biggest threat for pets during a thunderstorm is their own fear.
- When a storm is approaching make sure your pets are inside.
- Create a safe haven for the animals, because usually when a pet gets nervous or scared they run off to their favorite hiding locations.
If you have any other questions about what to do during a thunder storm, click the button below!