Holiday Wish Recap: A Very Merry Christmas for Abby Samways
If you missed out this morning on The Rock & Fox Show, the community's gates of love opened up wide for the Samways of Lakeville.
Emotions were at an all-time high, but they were tears of happiness as Erin and the family tuned in from the other end of the radio.
One after another, donations were pouring in and filling our hearts as the family's wish to better Abby's life and make her as comfortable as possible was fulfilled in a very big way.
It just goes to show you as a kind reminder of how tough some people truly have it. Abby's story touched many and Erin's (Abby's mother) strength and perseverance teach us selflessness. The family may not have much, but they have each other and to them, it's more than anything else in the world.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the Samways as they embrace this new journey and take on their next chapter in life. Only this time, with a little help from their friends and community.
To all who have donated and took the time to listen to Abby's story, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for recognizing a family who was reaching out for a saving grace. You were all the difference that helped this family overcome simple obstacles we tend to overlook sometimes. Abby's story is the perfect reminder to re-center, re-evaluate, and never take for granted the health and wealth you already have.
Once again, thank you, for changing this little girl's life for the better.
The phone lines were non-stop and so was the generosity from the SouthCoast businesses and listeners:
- Avalon Medical Spa - CoolTone Auction
- Back Nine Club - Dinner for the family
- Bob Sea & Ski - Ski & Boots Auction
- Carter's Clothing - $500
- Charred Oak Tavern - Dinner for the family
- Coastal Financial - $250
- Community Health Center - $250
- Friends of Jack - Installation of the Generator
- Greasy Luck - $500
- Hannoush Jewelers - $2,500
- Socialable and IGreen - $1,000
- Next level Painting - $500
- ProGroup Contracting - $500
- R.A. Mitchell - $500, maintaining generator for two years
- Rose Alley Ale House - $500
- Servpro - $250 gift card to Home Depot, $250 Chris Johnson
- Sam Karam & Sons - $1,000
- Acushnet Elementary School students - $500
and finally, a very big thank you to-
- Dave Vermette - Remodeling Abby's room, bid on and won the Celtics tickets (he then re-gifted to the family), and also auctioned off a group of brand new Whirlwind appliances with all proceeds going to the family.
If you would like to help out this family, here are a few ways that will make the process easy:
Text to Donate: Text WISHES to 313131. You will be sent a United Way e-link that allows you to make a donation via credit card to this family when you select the day and date of which family you wish to help from the drop-down menu.
By Check: Make checks payable to the United Way of Greater New Bedford and in the memo line, write HOLIDAY WISH and the day and date of the family you wish to help. Checks can be dropped off at Fun 107 studios during normal business hours or mailed to United Way of Greater New Bedford, 128 Union Street, Suite 105, New Bedford, MA 02740.
Donate by Credit Card: You can make a secure donation to the United Way via credit card HERE. Select the day and date of the family you wish to help from the "Please Select a Family" drop-down menu.
Donations of Gift Cards can be dropped off at Fun 107. Please leave a note saying the card is for HOLIDAY WISH and the day and date of the family you wish to help, along with your name.
All of our families are pre-selected through the United Way of Greater New Bedford. If you are in need of assistance, please contact the United Way directly.