Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out what dessert to make for the dinner party last night. I got some great recipe ideas and can't wait to try them all (I see another "Kasey's Kitchen" in the near future). I decided to go with this suggestion, and it turned out to be a delicious choice!
This "Chocolate Lasagna" features 4 layers of heaven topped off with chocolate chips! With an Oreo crust, Cool Whip and pudding center, and an extra layer of Cool Whip for good measure, my dessert went pretty fast. It's too good not to share!
1 package of Oreos
6 tablespoons of melted butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
12 oz Cool Whip
2 - 3.9 oz packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
3 cups of cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips
1. Pulse Oreos in food processor until crumbs. Stir with butter and press into a 9 x 13 pyrex / baking dish. Chill a few minutes.
2. In a mixer, beat cream cheese fluffy with 2 tbl spoons of milk and sugar. Add 1 1/4 cups of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the chilled crust.
3. In another bowl, whisk chocolate pudding with 3 cups of milk until thick. Spread this over the cream cheese layer. Chill 5 minutes.
4. Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
5. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving!
6. Cut the yummy treat into squares and enjoy with friends. I recommend grabbing an ice cold glass of milk too! =D