Boston’s Own New Kids on the Block Confirm Return to Fenway Park
It's been quite a year for all of us who wanted to attend concerts, but with this week's news that Massachusetts will be fully reopened on May 29, there have been many exciting announcements about concerts, festivals, and sporting events.
This one, however, might get those 40-something year old Dartmouth moms cheering in their favorite blinged out, ripped jeans and sandals.
It is official: the New Kids on the Block will be returning to Fenway Park for a performance that was originally scheduled for September of 2020. The show was then moved to July 16th of this year, before finally definitively landing on August 6, 2021. They will be joined by Boston favorites Bell Biv DeVoe and other unannounced special guests.
If you have tickets from either of the original dates, your tickets will be valid for the August 6 show. "A limited number of amazing new seats have been made available for any fans that were not able to purchase tickets last year," the group said in a release.
Those tickets will go on sale this Friday morning, May 21, at 10 a.m. on LiveNation.com.
“It’s been a challenging year for so many. We can’t think of a better way to get back to doing what we love most — than being with our fans, and hitting the stage, in the most sacred of venues. It will be an emotional night and we plan to give our fans a celebration unlike anything our city has seen,” said New Kid Donnie Wahlberg.