Back To School Stress
My son Dylan started school today ! It's a big day for him and any parent sending their child to school for the very first time and we are very proud of him .
Dylan seemed to be handling his first day in kindergarten well, but I am sure deep down inside he may have been a little nervous. As we left him in his new class room with practically strangers, I started thinking about how stressful it can be on him an his new class mates , This is a time you need to be there and be attentive to your child's fears about starting a new chapter in the life. Hope you enjoy you child's first day of school and hope these tips help ! Let me know how it goes here at email@example.com
- Let the child know that he is not alone and that other children have similar experiences.
- Provide reasonable reassurance and nurturing.
- describe the specifics of what the child might expect at school.
- Explain that each day will be easier.
- Take the opportunity to visit the school, classroom or teacher in advance if possible.
- Get the child into a predictable routine of bedtimes and mealtimes that are consistent
- Set a positive example; role model the behavior the child is expected to learn.