Volunteer on ‘Day of Caring’ This September
United Way of Greater New Bedford invites you to participate in their Annual Day of Caring! This year's event will be held on Wednesday, September 11, in coordination with the National Day of Service & Remembrance.
"September 11th is Patriot Day and a National Day of Service and Remembrance. On this day Americans across the country are called to volunteer in their local communities in tribute to the individuals lost and injured in the attacks, first responders, and the many who have risen in service to defend freedom." - NationalService.Gov
Volunteers will spend the day volunteering at local nonprofit agencies to complete an array of projects including painting, landscaping, and organizing. There are seven different opportunities available to you as of the time that this post was written. Be sure to check back HERE for more opportunities as they become updated.
- Trail work with Mass Audubon South Coast Sanctuaries
- Painting the pantry with The Family Pantry-Damien's Place
- Painting children's classrooms with NorthStar Learning Centers
- Organize an outdoor shed with NorthStar Learning Centers
- Day of Caring at Buttonwood Park Zoo
- Day of Caring at YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts
- Day of Caring with Sharing the Harvest Community Farm
For more information, please click HERE. Day of Caring is sponsored by BayCoast Bank.
Across Southeastern Massachusetts, non-profit organizations rely on volunteers to build a stronger community and transform neighborhoods. Wareham Nurse Midwives is proud to support the volunteers who lend their time and talent to help make the SouthCoast a better place.