Target Launches Post-Mastectomy Swimsuits [PHOTOS]
Target just announced the launch of a new swim line that was designed for individuals who have undergone mastectomy surgery. The store’s website features the new 13-piece swim collection by Kona Sol and promises that the suits are “modern, stylish, and available at a value guests won’t find anywhere else.”
According to the release, the company was determined to ensure that all guests could feel their best in articles found at the store.
“At Target, we’re committed to designing swimwear that makes all guests feel comfortable and confident,’ says Julie Guggemos, Target’s senior vice president and chief design officer. ‘For this new Kona Sol collection, our owned brand technical design team worked to ensure the swimwear meets the needs of guests who have undergone mastectomy surgery. We hope guests love these beautifully designed, on-trend options, whether that’s a bikini in a modern print or a comfortable one-piece, and all at an unbeatable value.”
Target.com explains that each piece in the collection of suits was designed with special features in order for them to be worn with or without prosthetics. “But either way, they are designed to fit properly and provide the comfort needed.”
- “Pockets designed for easy prosthetic insertion and secure cup positioning
- Non-prosthetic removable cups for modesty, shaping or to wear without the prosthesis
- Stylish details and flexible fits that seamlessly hide lines created by the prosthesis
- Higher necklines and armholes that provide irritant-free coverage in all the right places
- Soft lining that provides comfort and protection
- Adjustable straps that keep everything comfortably fastened - and correctly fitted”
While you cannot currently purchase any items in the collection in-store, the Kona Sol post-mastectomy collection “is now available to shop exclusively on Target.com ranging from $19.99 to $39.99 and in sizes ranging from XS-XL.”
I am a big fan of Target and I could easily spend hours (and a lot of money) at the one in Dartmouth if left unsupervised. I try to buy at least one new swimsuit every year and their styles never disappoint. To see that Target is stepping up their game in such a big way makes me proud to shop there.