Votes Are in For SouthCoast’s Best-Looking Police Cruiser
We gave our audience a week to place votes for the SouthCoast's best-looking police cruiser.
The results are in:
10. Somerset Police with 2% of the vote
9. Falmouth Police with 3% of the vote
8. Freetown Police with 4% of the vote
7. Mattapoisett ties Freetown with 4%
6. Fall River with 6% of the vote
5. New Bedford squeaks into the Top 5 and edges out Fall River.
4. Marion leads the Tri-town and beats out the much bigger municipalities of New Bedford and Fall River with 14%
3. Wareham places in the Top 3 with 15%
2. Dartmouth falls just short of the top spot with 17%
1. According to your votes, the best-looking police cruisers on the SouthCoast are being driven by the Rochester Police Department.
Dartmouth Police Detective Kyle Costa said it was disappointing to fall short of Rochester, but all of the cruisers that placed look great.
Costa said police cruisers used to have different color schemes from town to town, but now most of them are black and white or have the "blackout" look. Costa said there are logistical reasons for this.
"A lot of towns have gone to the all-black look because it's nice for night. They give us an advantage at night vs. the old white cruisers that stuck out like a sore thumb at night. You'll also notice that a lot of police departments are using subdued lettering, too. Even during the daytime when we're rolling up, drivers might not immediately know we are in a cruiser, so the coloring allows us to do our job better in both the day and night."
Congratulations to the Rochester Police Department. After multiple calls, though, we were unable to reach Rochester Police Chief Robert Small to get a comment on the big win.
Take a look at all the SouthCoast cruisers below.