New Bedford High Gridiron Hall of Fame Gets 6 More Inductions
New Bedford - MA
Tuesday night at the Century House in Acushnet, six more members will be added into the New Bedford High Gridiron Hall of Fame.
The Standard Times reports "former football standouts Bobby Andrews, John Armando, Tom Balestracci, Preston Perry, Adam Pimentel and Tom Simmons will share the spotlight during the club’s annual induction ceremony".
- Bobby Andrews won back to back state championships, and was known for his catching and blocking.
- John Armando was an old school guard who played back in the 1960s, who has a perfect turkey day record with varsity.
- Tom Balestracci was an extremely versatile player, playing QB, WR, LB, and DB! Impressive.
- Preston Perry was the Wes Welker of the 80's. At 5'9", he caught 60 balls for 10 touchdowns in his 3 seasons.
- Adam Pimentel was the Whalers’ Lineman of the Year playing offensive and defensive line for 3 seasons in the 90's.
- Tom Simmons was Mr. All-Purpose (NFL comparison: Darren Sproles), he gained over 2000 all purpose yard in his final 2 seasons.
If you're interested in attending, tickets can be bought at the door for $35 the night of the event!