New Bedford Connect 2017 Aims to Help the Homeless
Hope for the Homeless is on the New Bedford horizon.
On October 18th, 2017, from 9:00am-1:00pm, New Bedford Connect will be hosting an event to help the homeless community better their future. This is a one-day event that brings a wide variety of community volunteers, resources, and services to individuals or families who are struggling with homelessness or are at the risk of becoming homeless. Direct services and resources will be provided at the site of this event to all who are seeking assistance, at no cost.
This is a free event at 25 South Water Street, New Bedford, MA , here's what to expect:
- Transportation is available
- Breakfast & lunch is provided
- Bring any form of ID with you (to access from services, an ID will be needed)
- To obtain a photo ID from the RMV, one of the following is required: birth certificate, expired driver's license, proof of residence, or social security card
- Flu shots are available
- Health Screenings are available
Event Shuttle Van Schedule:
8:30- House of Hope- 848 Mt Pleasant Street
8:45- PAACA- 360 Coggeshall Street
DROP OFF- 9:00am- YMCA New Bedford- 258 South Water Street
9:30- Howland Green Library (South End)- 3 Rodney French Blvd.
9:45- Sister Rose House- 75 Division Street
DROP OFF- 10:00- YMCA New Bedford- 258 South Water Street
Additional Reporting by Abby Confar