Man Killed in Taunton Electrical Accident
TAUNTON — A man has died after being electrocuted while removing an antenna from a building in Taunton in an accident on Thursday morning.
The State Fire Marshal's Office and Taunton police and fire departments noted in a joint release that a preliminary investigation showed the accidental electrical event claimed the man's life and ignited a fire at a Danforth Street apartment building.
The victim's identity has not been released pending formal identification by the Chief Medical Examiner's office and full notification of his next of kin.
Officials said investigators believe the man was removing an antenna from a three-story building on Danforth Street in Taunton at around 7:30 a.m. Thursday.
At some point, the release stated, the antenna made contact with a nearby power line, fatally injuring the man and igniting the outside of the building.
Taunton firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the fire, according to the release.
No other injuries were reported.
Taunton police and fire are investigating in conjunction with State Police assigned to the offices of the State Fire Marshal and Bristol County District Attorney.
No further information was disclosed.