Chemical Explosion Injures Taunton Man
TAUNTON - A Taunton man was rushed to the hospital after a chemical explosion at his home.
Taunton fire officials tell ABC 6 the man was washing his back deck on Pine Street Sunday evening, and mixed together two chemicals that he shouldn't have. The chemicals reacted violently inside of the container, causing it to explode.
The man was transported to the hospital with serious abdominal injuries.
HazMat crews responded to the scene and evaluated the chemicals, deeming the area safe.
Officials say you shouldn't mix chemicals if you don't know what they are or how they'll react to each other.