Charter Expansion Focus of Tuesday Discussion in New Bedford
NEW BEDFORD — A discussion surrounding the proposed expansion of a charter school in New Bedford is being held Tuesday evening.
The New Bedford Coalition to Save Our Schools is hosting a panel discussion featuring parents, teachers, city officials, and New Bedford Superintendent of Schools Thomas Anderson.
After the panel discussion, there will be time for public comment.
The discussion is taking place Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at Keith Middle School. The Alma del Mar Charter School has proposed a plan to add two new schools with nearly 1,200 new seats within New Bedford.
The plan is currently under review by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Leila Rosa
- Professor of Education at Rhode Island College
- Parent of two children in New Bedford Public Schools
- Hugh Dunn
- New Bedford Ward Three City Councilor
- Joshua Amaral
- New Bedford School Committee Member
- Takeru Nagayoshi
- New Bedford High School English teacher
- Kathleen Mackenzie
- School Adjustment Counselor
- New Bedford Educators Association member
- Thomas Anderson
- Superintendent of New Bedford Public Schools