Nancy Hall’s Bacon And Cream Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes [RECIPE]
It's a recipe I first tried out last year, and it has quickly become a family favorite that I'm asked to make again and again!
These bacon and cream cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes are easy to make...and easy to eat! You can make them as a snack for any holiday party or a pre-Christmas meal appetizer.
- 1 quart of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8-oz. cream cheese (soft works best, but block is fine too)
- 6 stripes of bacon, cooked crisp and then crumbled
- 1/4 cup green scallions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Start by cutting the tops off of the tomatoes and scooping out the pulp inside. Leave tomatoes upside down on paper towel for 15 minutes to drain.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, scallions and Worcestershire sauce. Carefully spoon mixture into each tomato. Top with sea salt or cracked pepper if desired.
TIP: If you must travel with these tasty treats, try to find a container that will fit filled tomatoes snugly to keep them upright as you bring them out for family and friends to enjoy!