Stuffed Bell Peppers Healthy Recipe [Sponsored]
I am a fan of bell peppers, no matter the color, but I had no idea how GOOD for you they actually are. I follow Boutique Fitness Blogs on-line. The ultra-fit and health conscious ladies post daily content that includes encouragement, recipes, ideas and videos. One of their tips that I found super interesting was info on bell peppers and a healthy recipe for stuffed bell peppers.
- Red bell pepper has three times as much vitamin C as an orange, for only 43 calories (per whole pepper).
- Bell peppers are packed with carotenoids, powerful antioxidants that protect our skin from sun damage, boost immunity and fight disease.
- Available year-round, look for rich color and firm texture when purchasing.
- Because we eat the skin, organic is best. Conventionally grown bell peppers appear on the ewg.org “dirty dozen” list, demonstrating high pesticide residue.
Recipe: Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound of lean ground beef, ground turkey or your favorite sausage (removed from casing and crumbled)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, shredded on a cheese grater (into cauliflower “rice”)
- 5 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For more healthy recipes from Boutique Fitness, or to follow their blog, click here!