Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs [RECIPE]
I never considered myself a good cook. I could handle spaghetti and meatballs for the kids and maybe throw together a meat loaf but that was about it.
Over the winter, I decided to challenge myself. I decided to look up a recipe once a week and prepare it for the family. So far, I've been pretty lucky, with my 15-year-old son even going back for seconds!
One of my favorites is Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs. I got the recipe from Pinterest. We loved it and I hope you will too.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves- cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions, and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. (The longer the better)
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes,until the chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Yield: 12 servings