Tips To Jump Start Your Spring Cleaning
Raise your hand if you're ready for winter to be over. Yeah...me too. Well, after winter comes spring, which also brings spring cleaning. Who the heck wants to tackle the clutter their whole house has accumulated in the past year or so? Not me. Anything to make de-cluttering my home easier would be great, so after scouring the internet, I found some helpful suggestions that I know I'll benefit from and maybe you will too! Here they are:
- The extra packet of buttons that came with a cardigan that you've since donated.
- The ratty towels you haven't gotten around to throwing away yet.
- Holiday cards (ugh, this one's gonna be tough for me...)
- The treasure trove of plastic grocery bags under your sink (bags for daaaaays, I need to get rid of these for sure!)
- Any receipts that have accumulated in your pockets or purse (unless it's something you'll need come tax time)
- Promotional glasses or mugs that you don't use anymore (unless they say FUN 107 on them, keep those fo' life!)
- Stacks of magazines that are collecting dust (*guilty*)
- Expired coupons/savings passes (*guilty again*)
- Any envelope that you've kept only because you needed to remember the address (for crying out loud, I'm a mess with this list!)
- Expired medicines (been meaning to get to this one)
- Plastic storage containers that don't have a matching lid, and while we're at it, ditch the socks that don't have a match too.
- Favors from weddings
- The stash of duck sauce, ketchup, hot mustard and soy sauce packets (omg, yes!!)
- Hobby supplies for hobbies you've given up on (I really should donate all that yarn I have that I'll never make an afghan out of :(.)