The Cost Of Being In A Bridal Party
Research shows that it costs $734 to be a part of a bridal party as a bridesmaid or groomsman, and that’s not even including the cost of gifts!
Even worse, 17% of people admit to going into debt to be able to pay for it all! I considered that when planning my wedding and that’s why I decided to not have a wedding party. I saved my friends a ton of money and avoided a ton of stress! Skipping a bridal party isn’t for everyone though, so if you want to have a bridal party for your wedding and don’t want your friends to have to break the bank, here’s some suggestions that could help!
- Choose a dress that is priced reasonably, bonus points if it’s a dress they can wear again! Even better, if you can afford to, help them pay for it as a ‘thank you’ for being in your wedding!
- Don’t make everyone get their makeup and hair done by a pro. If they want to do it themselves, let them. It’ll probably still look great and save them a ton of money.
- Don’t have crazy expectations when it comes to your bridal shower and bachelorette party. Your bridal party and family are going to plan a nice event for you, they want you to have a great time! If they aren’t able to afford a crazy excursion for you, it’s not because they don’t want to, it’s because it costs a lot of money! Try not to have any expectations and have an open mind, and you’ll have a really nice time!
- Consider having a ‘gift limit’…I know, I know, we all love getting presents…but they cost so much! If you really want to have an engagement party, consider having a ‘no gift’ occasion. Consider your friends and family and their budgets…if they’re buying gifts for an engagement party, a bridal shower, a bachelorette party and the wedding, they are spending mucho dinero, help them out!
- Be considerate of their time…after all, time is money! Just be mindful of how many times you ask them to help out on a DIY project or partake in wedding related things. Sometimes is fine, but keep in mind, they have a life outside of planning your wedding.
If you’re getting married, congratulations and happy planning!!