Storm Tragedy In Boston As An 11-Year-Old Boy Dies In Car
An 11-year-old boy died of carbon monixide poisoning Saturday after being overcome as he sat in a running car to keep warm while his father was shoveling to get the car out of a snow bank.
The Boston Fire Department says the boy was helping his father shovel the snow in the Dorchester section of the city but got cold, so his father started the car and the boy got inside. The exhaust was covered by a snow bank, causing the fumes to back up inside the car.
The father continued to shovel, unaware of the situation. When the discovered is son overcome by fumes, the father went into respiratory arrest. He and the boy were taken to Boston Medical Center, but the boy was pronounced dead.