Tasty Portuguese Sauce For Fish
We live in the number one fishing seaport in all of America! Let's celebrate our catch with a sauce that will become a favorite of yours! In Portuguese the sauce is called Molho Escabeche. Use this sauce on baked fish, and when you spoon it over fried fish, you'll smile ear to ear! You can also use it to marinate fish.
- 4 cups very finely chopped onions
- 4 cups very finely chopped red/green bell peppers
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 jar of the Portuguese hot crushed wet peppers
- 1 cup water
- 6 cloves peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and fry the onions and peppers until onions are translucent. Reduce the heat and add all the other ingredients. Heat thoroughly and remove from heat. Pour the sauce directly over baked or fried fish or serve on the side! Enjoy!