New Bedford Celebrates New Year’s Eve 2014
AHA and the City of New Bedford present City Celebrates! New Year’s Eve 2013, where you can arrive early and stay late! Ring in 2014 with fireworks over the harbor at 8:30pm and be home in time to watch the ball drop in NYC Times Square.
According to the AHA! website, you can check out the entire schedule below.
FREE programming from 4:30 to 8 p.m. includes:
- The night kicks off from City Hall with Mayor Jon Mitchell at 4:30 p.m. Miss New Bedford and Miss New Bedford Outstanding Teen will be entertaining as well as Showstoppers and the steel drum ensemble from UMASS Dartmouth.
- The Seaman’s Bethel hosts an Ecumenical Church Service from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Fire & Ice! Check out real fire-eaters on the Whaling Museum Plaza (18 Johnny Cake Hill) starting at 6 pm and watch live ice sculpting at Custom House Square starting at 4:30 p.m.
- If you’ve got kids, we’ve got activities! Head to the New Bedford Public Library (613 Pleasant St.) Circus programs with the New Bedford Drama Club.
- The best Toe Jam Puppet Band concerts at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. at the YMCA!
- Take your kids for crafts and games with the 19th Century Ladies at the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park Visitor Center (33 William Street) from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Hit up the Family Magic Workshop with Jedlie’s Magic Circus
- The Suspenders who are fire-eaters, jugglers and street performers will be on William Street.
- Zeiterion Theatre presents the Magic of Lyn, you are sure to be amazed by this show! 5:00 and 6:30 p.m.
PLUS! Art Battle @ Artworks! from 5:30-8pm
- Boutique Shopping - cash in those gift cards: 767 Exchange, Bedford Merchant, be jeweled (until 7pm), Carter's Clothing, Celia's Boutique, Gatlin's Framing & Photography, Subtext Bookshop & Travessia Urban Winery (open until 6pm for your NYE wine purchasing)
- Get out of the cold & warm up with a hot beverage, soup, sandwich or sweet at Tia Maria's European Cafe, Green Bean or Cafe Arpeggio. More dining options at Brick Pizzeria, No Problemo & Paddie's Steamey Dogs.
- Toe Jam Puppet Band @ the YMCA, 5:30, 6:30, & 7:30pm
- Hands-on activities at the National Park Visitor Center with the 1850s Ladies, 5-8pm
- Jedlie's Magic Circus at NBAM, 5:45 & 7pm
- NBHS Drama Club presents Circus Shorts @ the NB Public Library, 5:15-6:30pm
- Hand-on activities, blue earth projection & live exhibits @ the Ocean Explorium from 4-7pm
- Folk Coffee House @ Cafe Arpeggio, 5-8pm
- Fado with Ana Vinagre @ Tia Maria's, 5:30 & 6:30pm
- Celtic music with Eddie Dillon & Aoife Clancy @ the Seamen's Bethel, 6:30-8pm
- Cape Verdean Kitchen Music at Celia's Boutique from 4:30-6:30pm & Ponta de Sol (sponsored by NB Historical Society) @ Artworks from 6-8pm
- Jazz it up in DNB!
Gallery 65 hosts Paul Nagel and Bill Meile, 5-6:30pm
Jim Robataille, John Harrison, Dino Govoni, Dave Zinno, & Chris Poudrier from 5-6:30pm @ NB Whaling Museum
Gatlin's Framing & Photography presents Al Nawoki & the UMass Jazz Quartet, 5-8pm
Scott Alan Correira & friends play jazz piano & musical review @ CVPA, 5 & 6pm
- Showstoppers @ the Penler Spacefrom 5:30-6:45pm
- The O'Tooles @ 767 Exchange from 6-8pm
- Latin Guitar @ Crowell's Fine Art, time TBD
- Dance Party in Wing's Court from 6-8pm: Bring in the New Year with music that makes you move!
DJ Anghelli will be spinning music from now and then and getting loud. Join the fun, make some noise, bust a few moves and have a good time!
Fireworks over the harbor @ 8:30pm
City Celebrates! New Year's After Nine
AHA! partner eateries are open late with live music & great food! Perfect for counting down to 2014!
- Stop by Rose Alley Ale House for cold brews & hot food including the best wings in town.
DJ Tom Cooney will be spinning tunes from 9pm-1am. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- Cork will have live music with Chris Richards & Mike Lavoie from 8:30pm-12:30am plus a 5 course sharing menu with Champagne toast starting at 4pm (reservations required)
- Freestone's will be offering a Special New Year's Eve Menu from 5pm til closing.
- Pour Farm Tavern's got their World Famous Cubano along with live music TBD
- Waterfront Grill will be open from 11:30am-9pm. Reservations accepted and recommended for groups over 5.