Massachusetts State Police Release Guidelines For 2015 Boston Marathon
Next week when the Boston Marathon kicks off, there will be a few guidelines for everyone to follow. New this year is no drones.
According to the Boston Globe, spectators are being urged not to carry weapons, backpacks, coolers, large handbags, or blankets. No bandit runners will be allowed to jump into the race.
The BAA’s website, has more details about street closings, restricted items, and additional information for runners and spectators. They also would like those attending to carry their personal items in clear plastic bags.
Officials said they are urging people not to carry certain items, which include:
• Weapons or items that may be used as weapons, including sticks or poles.
• Backpacks or similar items carried over the shoulder
• Suitcases and rolling bags
• Glass containers or cans
• Flammable liquids, fuels, fireworks, or explosives
• Containers that hold more than 1 liter of liquid
• Handbags, packages or bulky items larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 6 inches
• Large blankets or sleeping bags
• Costumes covering the face
• Props (including sporting equipment and military and fire gear)