Greater New Bedford Hot Jobs List For July 11, 2014
The Greater New Bedford Career Center has posted their most recent “Hot Jobs” list, for the week ending July 11th. Here’s a look at the many opportunities available…
- Journeyman Licensed Electrician #4315219 – Southern Light Solar is looking for a Licensed Journeyman to join our residential/commercial solar PV installation crew. Top pay for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities will include the following;
- Performing AC (ground work) for solar PV systems.
- Hanging and wiring Inverters/combiner boxes.
- Coordinating/going to wire inspections.
- Communicating with office staff.
- Keeping full/organized records for each job.
This candidate will also be responsible for a company vehicle and will need a clean driving record. If interested please email a copy of your most current resume.
Must be a MA Journeyman Licensed Electrician
- Librarian III (Head of Special Collections) #4324027 - FUNCTION: Responsible for the direction and management of the New Bedford Free Public Library’s Special Collections Department, consisting of the Archives, Genealogy and Art collections; and responsible for the promotion, preservation and development of the materials it contains. The Head will engage in outreach to reinforce the importance of these locally, regionally and nationally significant historic materials; expand researcher access to the collections through various means, including the use of new technologies; develop an on-line presence for the collections; and support activities to preserve and protect the collections. The Head of Special Collections will also serve as archivist and has primary responsibility for the appraisal, acquisition, processing and preservation of the library Archives, currently consisting of approximately 1300 linear feet of material.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution with a concentration in archival studies or management. Undergraduate degree or strong subject knowledge in American history, particularly 19th century New England history, is highly desirable. Minimum five years’ professional experience in positions of increasing responsibility in special collections or archives.
City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement
- Manager Residential Substance Abuse #4324088 – A transitional housing program for chronically homeless
men with a history of alcohol/substance abuse, seeks a manager with experience
in case management, residential program operations and reporting to local, state
and federal agencies. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but consideration will be made based on experience.
Email resume to email@example.com
- Retail Sales Clerk #4324119 – Sales Clerk needed. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Stocking shelves, cleaning and maintaining animal cages. Animal knowledge and retail experience preferred.
- Maintenance Technician #4337763 - Family owned and operated food business since 1976 is seeking a motivated individual to join our dynamic and fast-paced company as a Maintenance Technician. A variety of skills will be required including basic plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. The most successful candidates will be flexible self-starters that can demonstrate good organizational skills and attention to detail in both their handy work and record keeping.
The position is permanent and full time (may also involve occasional overtime and emergency work) and includes health and retirement benefits.
Compensation is competitive based upon experience and willing to train right candidate.
- Administrative Assistant/Medical Biller #4337802 - Part time position for an experienced Administrative Assistant/ Medical Biller. This is a part time position with flexible hours. Selected candidate must be professional, able to work independently, self motivated and extremely efficient. Must be Computer literate and knowledge of WORD required and Excel would be helpful. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic Violence Advocate-Nights (Part-Time) #4342796 – RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists police with data collection/direct services and support for victims of domestic violence. Follow-up duties include: restraining orders, medical attention, shelters, referrals as needed. Works with other agencies and community groups involved with domestic violence. Assists victims of domestic violence in the emergency 209-A restraining order process and contacts the Emergency Judicial Response System.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent; experience working with victims of domestic violence; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with victims and families of domestic abuse; ability to work in a team setting with the Police and Resource Coordinator. Must be computer literate
NEW BEDFORD HAS A RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT
- Optometry Technician #4342869 - Our high tech Optometry Practice is seeking a motivated, eager to learn, friendly candidate to join our dedicated team! Interested candidates must have open availability on the weekends as we are open 7 days a week. Our candidate would possess the following qualities which include computer skills as we operate with Electronic Medical Records, detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task, and interest in providing the highest level of care to patients.
Job Duties as an Optometry Technician include:
-Answering phone calls and scheduling appointments for multiple site locations.
-Verifying insurance coverage.
-Performing preliminary testing in preparing patients for our doctors.
-Teaching patients how to properly insert and remove their contact lenses.
-Additional duties or projects assigned as required.
Hours vary from 25-30 hours per week
Interested Applicants can email resume to email@example.com
So, if you are interested in any of these openings be sure to follow the guidelines and get those applications in. For more information about job opportunities and other business surrounding the New Bedford area, be sure to check in to the Greater New Bedford Career Center’s website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.