Free Fun Fridays In Massachusetts 2014
If you have children, finding stuff for them to do can be challenging, not to mention expensive. Summer tends to be the season that most people take their vacations from work, especially if you have young children who are home for the summer, Here is a list of options that can keep your kids entertained and your wallet full.
Free fun Fridays is a program for the summer throughout the state of Massachusetts. Each Friday through August 29th, different museums, parks and attractions will grant free access and admission as part of their involvement.
This Friday, July 18th, you and the kids (or just you if you have no children) can take advantage of free access to:
- The Ocean Explorium, New Bedford, MA– All about Ocean Life with a very hands on exhibit.
- Museum of Fine Arts in Boston– If you love art and have never been to the MFA, now is a great time to do so.
- The Eric Carle Museum, Amherst, MA– Have you read the very Hungry Caterpillar? Well here is a museum dedicated to the guy who wrote it and many other kid’s favorite books.
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum, Brookline, MA– See the oldest collection of cars at this cool and classic museum! If your kids are crazy about cars, this is an awesome experience
- Springfield Museums, Springfield, MA– See Art, History, Science and Gardens all free this Friday. Check out their link for more info on each museum and exhibit.
- Mass Audobon’s Boston Nature Center, Lincoln, MA- The weather is supposed to be fantastic on Friday, so a visit to learn about nature could be exactly what you need after this rainy week!
- Sandwich Glass Museum, Sandwich, MA– Learn about the town of Sandwich and the history of glass if you’re planning a trip out to the Cape this weekend.